Bible Passage: Mark 14:12-21
Impossible circumstances and painful betrayals do not change our mission.
- Impossible Circumstances (vv12-16)
- Painful Betrayals (vv17-21)
- Jesus’ Mission is Our Mission (v21)
Worship by renewing our minds:
- What passage were we looking at this past Sunday? What happened in the section just prior to this passage?
- Explain some of the significance of Passover time from the following perspectives: Jesus? The disciples (including Judas)? Mark’s Roman readers? Us?
- In v12, why were the disciples concerned about where they would eat that evening?
- What were some of Jesus’ specific instructions in vv13-15?
- How many of the disciples said, “Is it I?” in v19? Why is this significant?
Grow by engaging our hearts with God’s Word:
- What are two “impossible circumstances” in your life? What Bible passages might provide instructions for you in these circumstances?
- Think of two instances where a person or one of your expectations has “betrayed” you recently? Do you think that you are capable of the same betrayal?
- Have circumstances or people diverted your attention away from the Christian mission? What did Jesus deal with that might have diverted him? How did Jesus stay on mission? How can we?
Serve a hurting world by enlisting our bodies:
- Can you provide one example of how you are helping people belong to Jesus or become more like him? If not, how will you start this week?
- Describe our Christian mission in your own words. How are you living this out? What seems to be diverting you from living this out?
- Can you identify three opportunities you are taking to worship, grow, and serve with Central?