Bible Passage: Philippians 2:1-8
Sharing the hope of Christ with our neighbours starts with the ones we live with.
- Complete my Joy: Same Mind (vs. 1-2)
- Humility: to Others (vs. 3-4)
- Obedience: to God (vs. 5-8)
Thinking (What does the Word of God say, “Exegesis”?) Head:
- Where were we looking in God’s Word? Summarize it in your own words.
- Did you have any questions about certain words, the text, or what was said?
- What do you think God wants us to understand about this section of Scripture? What is the purpose of including it in the Bible (How does it point to Jesus)?
- What does the “So” refer to? What was Paul discussing in verses 27-30?
- What are the things Paul focuses on in verse 1? Where is joy found in verse 2?
- How does Paul describe the “Mind of Christ” in verses 3-8?
- What does it mean that Jesus “emptied Himself”?
Attitude (My pattern of response to God and His Word, “Hermeneutic”) Heart:
- In what ways have you experienced verse 1 (encouragement, comfort, participation, in Christ).
- In what ways have you looked for joy in the wrong places, like your circumstances?
- What are the biggest hurdles that prevent you from spying out the needs of those you live with?
- In what areas do you find it the hardest to put to death your desires at home in order to obey God’s directive to have the mind of Christ towards your family?
Behaviour (How does Jesus want to change me, what will His truth look/sound like in my life? “Application”) Hands:
- What does it look/sound like for you to have the same mind, love, and be in full accord, and of one mind with your family?
- When do you find it the hardest (during the day) to count others as more significant than yourself? What will change look like this week?
- What is one way that you are going to commit to serving your family this week that people could hold you accountable to?