Bible Passage: Romans 12:1-8
Let us use them!!!
- The Appeal: Present your Bodies (vs. 1-2)
- The Sober Reminder: Be Humble (vs. 3-5)
- The Call to Action: Use them (vs. 6-8)
Thinking (What does the Word of God say, “Exegesis”?) Head:
- Where were we looking in God’s Word? Summarize it in your own words.
- Did you have any questions about certain words, the text, or what was said?
- What do you think God wants us to understand about this section of Scripture? What is the purpose of including it in the Bible? (How does it point to Jesus)?
- What is Paul’s appeal according to verses 1-2? How does verse 2 depict the Biblical principle of change? Is it just a matter of not being conformed?
- What does Paul reference 4 times in verse 3? Why point do you think God is trying to make through Paul?
- Verses 6-8 list gifts that differ according to the grace given us, list them out. Which ones catch your attention the most?
Attitude (My pattern of response to God and His Word, “Hermeneutic”) Heart:
- Where have you heard verses 1-2 before? How important is verse 3 to the context?
- In what ways does “thinking more highly of ourselves” keep up from sharing God’s grace with others through the gifts He has given?
- When we choose not to use the gifts God had given we are actively choosing to hide the glory of God from those around us. What do you think about that sentence?
- Do you think that God has gifted you more in “speaking” or in “serving”?
Behaviour (How does Jesus want to change me, what will His truth look/sound like in my life? “Application”) Hands:
- What areas are you prone to sacrifice your time to that might take you away from serving others?
- In what way can your practice the gift God has given you this week? In what ways are you going to speak the truth in love? In what ways are you going to serve someone else?
- What thought process is keeping you from practicing your grace gift? How can we pray for you this week?