Bible Passage: Psalm 73, Genesis 22:6-14
Responding to the Glory of God by making everything lesser in His presence together.
- “God Will Provide”: Renew the Mind (v.6-8)
- “You Have not Withheld”: Engage the Heart (vs.9-12)
- “Abraham Lifted up His Eyes”: Enlist the Body (vs.13-14)
Thinking (What does the Word of God say, “Exegesis”?) Head:
- Where were we looking in God’s Word? Summarize it in your own words.
- Did you have any questions about certain words, the text, or what was said?
- What do you think God wants us to understand about this section of Scripture? What is the purpose of including it in the Bible (How does it point to Jesus)?
- What did Abraham take with him in preparation for worship?
- What do Abraham and Isaac talk about on the way to worship (vs.7-8)?
- In verses 11-12, what does the angel identify is at the heart of this test?
- What does Abraham call the name of this place (v.14)? What is another translation?
Attitude (My pattern of response to God and His Word, “Hermeneutic”) Heart:
- What do you anticipate happening when you come to worship at Central?
- In what ways are you tempted to slip into “autopilot” during worship at Central?
- Think of a time when you withheld something from God? What prevented you from giving God everything?
- What are some of the things in the order or process of our services that bring the greatest moments of crisis/piercing of your heart?
Behaviour (How does Jesus want to change me, what will His truth look/sound like in my life? “Application”) Hands:
- How do you prepare to come to community/family worship?
- What are the physical things you bring with you to a worship service? How do these help focus or distract from the glory of God? What needs to change when we start meeting together again?
- How do you show that God’s provision has been “seen” in your own life? What things do people see in your life that would explain this?