NOTE: As we continue to re-open within public health guidelines, some of our youth ministries are resuming. Here are a few of the upcoming events happening both virtually and in person.
The goal for Central Baptist Youth is to love Jesus more than anything and become more like Him in everything (faith, love, and hope) by developing consistent patterns of renewing the mind, engaging the heart, and enlisting the body.
Sundays: Work of Faith
9:15 – 10:15 AM
Our desire for Sundays is to provide the opportunity for our youth to work out their faith by being examples of Bible study. We want them to renew their minds in God’s Word.
We gather at the Church House (room 207) and study God’s Word together in a discussion format. This is our time to get into God’s Word and spend a large portion of our time teaching how to understand God’s Word (through the acronym A.P.P.R.O.V.E.D., taken from 2 Timothy 2:15) and have our minds renewed by what it says.
Wednesdays: Labour of Love
6:30 – 8:00 PM
Our desire for Wednesdays is to provide an opportunity for our youth to learn to love each other while imitating Jesus. We want to engage their hearts through relationships.
We gather at the Church House (room 207, 210), have an activity, sing, look at God’s Word, and discuss and apply it in our small groups. This time is conversation-based. This is our time to discuss God’s Word amongst ourselves and foster conversation about Jesus that needs to be a part of our everyday life. Here is what you can expect on Wednesday nights (September to April):
- 6:30 – 6:45 – Arrival, small activity
- 6:45 – 7:00 – Announcements, singing
- 7:00 – 7:35 – Lesson time
- 7:35 – 8:00 – Small Group discussions, hang out
- 8:00 – Done
Fridays: Steadfast Hope
7:00 – 9:00 PM
Our desire for Fridays is to provide opportunities for our youth to invite friends to a safe place where they can witness the hope of Jesus.
We like to hang out together and have larger activities. This time is mainly activity-based. Our teens are encouraged to invite friends that do not know Jesus with the purpose of demonstrating the love of Jesus. Sometimes we are at the Church House and sometimes we are on the road. We try to have different areas of activity that our teens would be interested in. Here is what you can expect on Friday nights (September to June):
- Hang Times
- 7:00 – 7:15 – Arrival, greeted/check-in at the door (Louth/leader), hang out in the gym (attendance is taken)
- 7:15 – 8:00 – Free Time
- Café – games (board and card), conversation, hang out.
- Chapel – Music (bring your own instruments, there is a piano in the room)
- Gym – Bring your game! Sports are the name of the game.
- 8:00 – 8:15 – Snack time in the Café (we provide drinks and snacks). A short testimony time (Leaders/Louth). On bigger nights, we will do snack in the gym.
- 8:15 – 9:00 – Free Time
- 9:00 – Pick up
- Larger Activities
- Generally, happen on Friday nights
- Information is posted in our Facebook Group (private group)
- Word of Life Recharge
- Semi-annual trip to Canada’s Wonderland
File: Consent Form